These Candied Pecans are super easy to make and they’re SUGAR FREE!!! These make for a great snack or dessert and only require a few simple ingredients. You will love these so much you won’t even miss the sugar.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED FOR CANDIED PECAN:
- unsalted pecans
- Lakanto Classic Granular Sweetener or a sweetener with a 1:1 Ratio to sugar
- Lakanto Golden Sweetener or a sweetener with a 1:1 Ratio to sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Egg White
- Ground Cinnamon Powder
HOW TO MAKE CANDIED PECANS:
Candied Pecans are super simple to make. The prep time is only about 5 minutes but you will need to allow an hour to bake them.
Whisk the liquids: Start by whisking together the egg white and vanilla extract until it becomes frothy. This is necessary for the sweetener to bind to the pecans.
Cinnamon Sweetener mixture: In a bowl mix together the sweetener and ground cinnamon until fully combined.
Pecans: In a large bowl pour the egg white mixture on top of the pecans. Mix until the entire bowl of pecans is coated in the mixture. Now add in the cinnamon sweetener mixture. Using a spoon gently stir them around until fully coated.
Bake: Place the pecans on a parchment paper lined tray making sure to space them out as much as possible. Bake 250 degrees for an hour making sure to stir the pecan mixture every 20 minutes.
Cooling: Once the pecans are finished cooking remove the pan from the oven and allow them to fully cool before eating.
HOW TO STORE THE PECANS:
Once fully cooled store in an air tight container or gallon zip loc bag. As long as they are properly sealed you should be able to keep them for a few weeks. If you want to extend the life of them you could always put some in the fridge.
LOOKING FOR ANOTHER EASY DESSERT? TRY OUT THESE SUGAR FREE PECAN PRALINES
- 1 lb unsalted pecans
- 1/3 cup Lakanto golden monkfruit sweetener or sweetener with 1:1 ratio to sugar
- 1/3 cup Lakanto Classic monkfruit sweetener or sweetener with 1:1 ratio to sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg white
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Start by mixing together the sweeteners and cinnamon then set to the side
- In a small bowl mix together the large egg white and the vanilla extract. Whisk until frothy
- Pour the egg white mixture over the pecans and mix thoroughly making sure all the pecans are evenly coated
- Mix in the cinnamon sweetener mixture. Make sure all of the pecans are fully coated
- Transfer the coated pecans to a parchment paper lined baking tray
- Bake 250 degrees for 1 hour making sure to stir the pecans every 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to fully cool before eating
Leave a Reply