Chicken Noodle Soup is an absolute classic. This recipe is a low carb twist on a family favorite. The soup is filled with chicken, veggies and lots of flavor and makes for a great warm comfort food without all the carbs.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED FOR CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP:
This recipe does call for quite a bit of ingredients but most of these things you should have on hand or they can be easily found at most grocery stores.
- Avocado Oil
- Sliced Celery
- Sliced Carrots
- Chicken Broth
- Natural Heaven Noodles- These noodles are grain and gluten free and make for an excellent noodle replacement.
- Minced Garlic
- Minced Dried Onion
- Lemon Juice
- Dried Thyme
- Dried Basil
- Boneless Skinless Chicken thighs
HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP:
Place the avocado oil into the instant pot and turn it onto saute. Add in the celery and carrots and cook for 3-4 minutes or until they begin to soften.
Once they begin to soften then add in the minced garlic and cook for about 30 seconds to a minute or until fragrant.
Add in the remaining ingredients except for the noodles.
Place the lid on the Instant pot and be sure to seal the valve. Cook on high pressure for 10 minutes then allow it to natural release for an additional 10 minutes. If there is any pressure remaining at this time do a quick release to get out the remaining pressure then remove the lid.
Remove the chicken from the pot and add in the noodles to the liquid so they can begin to heat up while you are shredding the meat.
Shred the chicken thighs and then return the meat to the pot. Mix thoroughly until fully combined.
Salt to taste if needed and enjoy.
CROCK POT METHOD:
If you don’t have an instant pot no worries this can easily be done in a crock pot as well.
Add in your chicken thighs then top with the remaining ingredients except for the noodles and gently stir to combine. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 4-5 hours or until the chicken easily shreds.
Remove the chicken from the crock pot and shred it.
Place everything back into the crock pot including the noodles and gently mix everything together.
Cook for an additional 5-10 minutes to allow the noodles to heat up with the soup and enjoy.
If storing leftovers be sure to fully cool the soup before placing in an airtight container in the fridge. This soup will be good in the fridge with the noodles for up to 3 days. The flavor actually seemed to be enhanced when we had it for leftovers.
Chicken Noodle Soup
- Instant Pot
- or crock pot
- 2 tbsp avocado oil or oil of choice
- 4 oz sliced celery
- 4 oz sliced carrots
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 1 package Natural Heaven Angel Hair Hearts of palm noodles
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp minced dried onion
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp rosemary
- 1 tsp salt may need to salt to taste once serving
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs fat trimmed off
Instant Pot Method
- Turn on the instant pot to saute. Add in the avocado oil with the celery and carrots. Saute for 3-4 minutes or unil they begin to slightly soften.
- Add in the minced garlic and cook for about 30 seconds to a minute or until fragrant
- Turn off the saute feature and add in all the remaning ingredients to the pot except the noodles and mix until fully combined.
- Lock the lid on top and make sure to turn the valve to sealed.
- Pressure cook on high for 10 minutes.
- Allow the soup to naturally release for 10 minutes. If there is any remaining pressure after the 10 minutes then finish by doing a quick release.
- Remove the chicken thighs from the pot and begin shredding them.
- While shredding the chicken add the noodles to the hot soup so they can begin heating up.
- Add the shredded chicken back to the pot. Stir and enjoy
Crock Pot Method
- Add all of the ingredients to your crock pot except the noodles and gently stir to combine. (no oil is needed for the crock pot method)
- Place the lid on top and cook on high for 4-5 hours or on low for 6-8 hours or until the chicken easily shreds.
- Remove the chicken and shred it in a separate bowl.
- Add the shredded chicken and noodles to the broth. Gently stir to combine.
- Allow the noodles to heat up in the broth for another 5-10 minutes and enjoy.