Chicken Pot Pie Soup is the absolute best comfort food. This is a low carb version and tastes just like the filling of the inside of a chicken pot pie. It’s creamy and delicious and filled with veggies and chicken. This soup is super easy to make and would be great for an easy weeknight dinner on a cold evening.
- Frozen Peas and Carrots
- Chopped Celery
- Celery Seed
- Poultry Seasoning
- Chicken Broth
- Heavy Cream
- Shredded Chicken
- Xanthan Gum
HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN POT PIE SOUP:
Start by melting 2 tablespoons of butter in a large pot or dutch oven. Once melted add in 4 oz of chopped up celery and cook for 2-3 minutes or until it slightly begins to soften.
Add in all the seasonings, 4 cups of broth, and half a cup of heavy whipping cream. Stir until fully combined. Then bring it to a rolling boil then reduce the heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
In a separate bowl mix together 2 tablespoons of cold water and 1/2 a teaspoon of xanthan gum. Mix until the xanthan gum has fully dissolved and you have made a jelly like paste then add the mixture to the pot of soup and stir it into the pot. This will help thicken the soup.
Add in 2 cups of shredded chicken and 1 cup of frozen peas and carrots. Cook for an additional 5 minutes or until the frozen veggies are fully heated.
The soup will begin to thicken and will get thicker as it cools. Salt to taste and enjoy.
WHAT TO SERVE THE SOUP WITH?
To give it more of that chicken pot pie feeling this pairs perfectly with some low carb drop biscuits. These biscuits are super easy to make just follow the instructions on the bag. To make these you will need butter, eggs and sour cream.
Looking for other easy recipes? Try out this easy low carb crock pot gumbo or this chicken noodle soup
Chicken Pot Pie Soup
- large pot or dutch oven
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp rosemary
- 1/2 tsp basil
- 1/2 tsp celery seed
- 1/2 tsp poultry seasoning
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
- 4 oz chopped celery
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- salt to taste
- In a large pot or dutch oven melt 2 tablespoons of butter. Once melted add in the 4 oz of chopped celery and cook for 2-3 minutes or until they begin to slightly soften.
- Add in the 4 cups of broth, 1/2 cup of heavy cream and all of the seasonings. Mix well and bring to a boil. Once at a rolling boil lower the heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- While that's cooking mix together 2 tablespoons of cold water with 1/2 teaspoon of xanthan gum. Mix until fully combined and it forms a jelly like consistancy.
- Add in the 2 cups of shredded chicken and 1 cup of frozen peas and carrots.
- Once that's mixed in then add in the xanthan gum mixture. Cook for an additional 5 minutes or until the veggies are fully heated.
- Salt to taste and enjoy.
Leave a Reply