A thick, rich and creamy Homemade Alfredo Sauce that is made with just 4 simple ingredients. This sauce is perfect on pizza, pasta and veggies and only takes a few minutes to whip together.
If you love a really rich, thick and creamy Alfredo sauce then you’re going to love this easy homemade sauce.
Ingredients needed for Homemade Alfredo Sauce:
- Heavy Cream
- Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- Everything But the Bagel Seasoning
How to make Alfredo Sauce:
This is a super easy sauce that will literally be ready in a matter of minutes.
- Start by heating up a sauce pan over medium heat and add your butter.
- Cook the butter until fully melted
- Whisk in the heavy cream and seasonings until fully combined and well incorporated.
- Add the parmesan cheese and continue to whisk until cheese has fully melted. It will begin to get thicker and thicker.
What if I want a thinner sauce:
This is a thicker style Alfredo Sauce. If you are looking for a thinner sauce you can always slowly add in a little more Heavy Cream until at your desired thickness.
What can you use Alfredo Sauce for?
Typically when thinking of Alfredo sauce the first thing that comes to mind is pasta. Below I will list a lot of great Low carb pasta options. If you’re looking for something a little more out of the box then topping this over a bed of broccoli is absolutely delicious.
Below are some great lower carb pasta options
Natural Heaven Noodles are a great low carb noodle replacement that is grain and gluten free. These noodles are as clean as it gets. They are only made of one simple ingredient which is Hearts of Palm. The way I like to prepare these noodles is by lightly squeezing the bag of noodles over the sink to drain the moisture. Then I add them to a hot pan with a little bit of oil to heat them up before adding sauce to them.
Gnooda Noodles are another great option that are grain and gluten free. They have a little bit of a whole wheat pasta texture. Simply follow the directions on the package and then top it with your freshly made Alfredo Sauce.
Great Low Carb Noodles– These are very similar to regular noodles. These are a low carb noodle however they are not grain and gluten free so keep that in mind if you have any dietary restrictions.
Can you store leftovers?
You can safely save leftovers in an air tight container or a glass with a lid in the fridge. The recipe provided isn’t a very large portion so if you want leftovers you may have to double the batch. We typically prefer to eat it hot right after it was prepared.
Do you enjoy Italian food? Try these zucchini lasagna boats.
Homemade Alfredo Sauce
- 1/2 cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2 oz Butter
- 1 tsp Everything But the Bagel Seasoning
- Heat up a sauce pan on medium heat and add your butter
- Heat up your butter until fully melted
- Once fully melted add in heavy whipping cream and seasonings and whisk until fully combined.
- Add in your shredded parmesan cheese. Whisk constantly until the cheese is fully melted.