It’s cheesy, it’s meaty, it’s a delicious low carb taco bake. This is a super fun twist on traditional tacos and is made easy with just one pan.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED FOR THIS TACO BAKE:
- Ground Beef
- Taco Seasoning
- Low Carb Tortillas
- Shredded Mexican Cheese
- Red Enchilada Sauce
- Can of Mild Rotel- diced tomatoes and chilies
- Black Olives
- Fresh Cilantro
- Sour Cream
HOW TO MAKE TACO BAKE:
- Start by browning the ground beef in a 10 inch cast iron skillet then drain the excess grease.
- Now add one can of well drained mild Rotel, 2 tablespoons of taco seasoning, 1/4 cup of water and mix that all together until fully combined and all the water has disappeared.
- Place the meat mixture in a separate bowl and mix in 1 cup of shredded cheese and then set it to the side.
- Add 1/4 a cup of red enchilada sauce to the bottom of your cast iron pan or casserole dish, making sure that it’s evenly covering the entire bottom of the pan.
- Tear up 2.5 low carb tortillas or tortillas of choice and line it across the bottom of the pan on top of the sauce.
- On top of the tortillas place half of the meat mixture making sure to evenly spread it out in the pan.
- Repeat these steps again. So top with 2.5 cut up tortillas then half the meat mixture.
- Now add 1/2 a cup of enchilada sauce and spread it out evenly over the entire dish and top it with 1/2 a cup of shredded cheese and 2 tablespoons of black olives.
- Place the pan in the oven and bake 350 degrees for about 25-30 minutes or until the cheese has fully melted.
- Once the taco bake is finished cooking top it with some sour cream and fresh chopped cilantro and enjoy.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH THIS RECIPE:
We like to top ours with sour cream and have a side of sliced avocado with it. You could also spice it up by adding some jalapeños to the top.
WHAT IF I DONT HAVE A CAST IRON SKILLET?
No Problem! If you don’t have a cast iron skillet you can easily make this exact same dish by cooking the meat in a regular skillet and then just layering all of the ingredients in a 9×9 casserole dish.
Looking for other easy meals? Try out these Lasagna Stuffed Peppers or try a chicken version of this taco bake.
- 10 inch Cast Iron Skillet
- Or a 9×9 baking dish
- 1 lb ground beef
- 3/4 cup red enchilada sauce
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning
- 5 low carb tortillas
- 1 can Mild Rotel diced tomatoes and chilies- fully drained
- 2 tbsp black olives
- 1 1/2 cup shredded Mexican Cheese
- fresh chopped cilantro
- sour cream
- Brown 1 pound of ground beef in a skillet on the stove then drain the excess grease and return to the stove.
- Mix in 1 can of well drained Rotel, 2 tbsp of taco seasoning and 1/4 a cup of water. Cook until all of the water has dissolved and it's well mixed.
- Add the meat to a medium sized bowl with 1 cup of shredded cheese and set to the side.
- Add 1/4 a cup of red enchilada sauce to the bottom of the cast iron pan making sure it's evenly spread out. (If you dont have a cast iron pan you can line the ingredients in a casserole dish)
- Top the sauce with 2.5 cut up low carb tortillas then top the tortillas with 1/2 of the meat mixture.
- Top the meat with another 2.5 cut up tortillas and the other half of the meat mixture.
- Top the dish with 1/2 a cup of red enchilada sauce making sure to evenly cover the top.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 a cup of shredded cheese and top it off with 2 tbsp of sliced black olives
- Bake 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until the cheese has fully melted
- Top with fresh chopped cilantro and sour cream and enjoy.
Leave a Reply