Zuppa Toscana is a super popular soup. This one-pot soup recipe is super creamy and hearty with a low carb twist. It’s filled with Italian sausage, veggies and pancetta. The popular version of this recipe is made with potatoes but for this low carb version we are substituting those for fresh cauliflower.
This Zuppa Toscana Soup tastes so good you won’t even miss the potatoes.
- Italian ground sausage
- Heavy Cream
- Chicken Broth
- Minced Garlic
- Red Pepper Flakes
- Fresh Kale
- Fresh cauliflower
- Parmesan Cheese
HOW TO MAKE ZUPPA TOSCANA SOUP:
- In a large pot or dutch oven cook the pancetta for a few minutes until at your desired crispness. Remove from the pan and place it on a paper towel lined plate.
- Add the Italian ground sausage to the empty pot. You want to cook it until it’s browned, crumbly and no longer pink inside. Once finished drain the excess grease and set the meat to the side on a paper towel lined plate.
- Add the minced garlic to the empty pot and cook for about a minute or until fragrant.
- To the large pot add the 4 cups of chicken broth and mix it around and bring it to a boil.
- Add the cauliflower florets and cook until fork tender, about 10-15 minutes.
- Reduce the heat and stir in the heavy cream, kale and cooked sausage.
- Cook for an additional 5 minutes until fully heated through and kale begins to wilt.
- Top with cooked pancetta, parmesan cheese and red pepper flakes and enjoy.
LEFTOVER ZUPPA TOSCANA SOUP:
This soup serves about 4-6 people. If there are leftovers then you can store them in an airtight container for several days in the fridge. Be sure to allow the soup to fully cool before placing it in an airtight container.
LOOKING FOR ANOTHER EASY SOUP RECIPE? TRY OUT THIS CHICKEN POT PIE SOUP OR THIS LOW CARB CROCK POT GUMBO
Zuppa Toscana Soup
- large pot or dutch oven
- 1 lb Italian Ground Sausage
- 2 oz chopped kale stems removed
- 10 oz cauliflower florets bite sized pieces
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 4 oz diced pancetta
- crushed red pepper flakes
- In a large pot or dutch oven add the pancetta. Cook for a few minutes stirring frequently until at your desired crispness. Once done remove from the pot and place on a paper towel lined plate.
- Add the Italian ground sausage to the pot and cook until fully browned and no longer pink inside. Remove from the pot and place on a separate paper towel lined plate to allow the excess grease to soak up on the paper towel.
- Add the tablespoon of minced garlic to the empty pot and cook for about a minute or until fragrant.
- Add the 4 cups of chicken broth to the pot and stir. Allow to come to a rolling boil.
- Once boiling add in your bite sized cauliflower. Cook for about 10-15 minutes or until the cauliflower is fork tender.
- Add in the heavy cream, kale and cooked ground Italian sausage. Reduce the heat to a simmer and stir until fully combined. Cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat. Top each individual serving with the freshly cooked pancetta, shredded parmesan cheese and crushed red pepper flakes and enjoy.